The blade is thin and made of 12C27 stainless steel, a steel that offers excellent edge-holding and sharpness. The knife comes with a pouch sheath. The handle is substantial with an attractive brass guard.
- Handmade in Holemdal, Norway since 1932.
- Blade | Sandvik 12C27 is Sandvik's most well-rounded knife steel with excellent edge performance allowing razor sharpness, high hardness, exceptional toughness and good corrosion resistance.
- Handle Material | Curly birch and Vulcan fibre.
- Handle Length = 4.3"(110 mm). Blade Length = 5.3"(135 mm). Blade Thickness = .11"(2.8 mm).
- Genuine Leather Sheath Included. Designed by Helle in 2002.
|Blade material:||Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel|
|Blade thickness:||2.8 mm|
|Blade length:||135 mm|
|Handle material:||Curly birch|
|Handle length:||110 mm|
|Sheath material:||Genuine leather|
|Sheath weight:||48 g|
Two brothers, Steinar and Sigmund Helle, started knife production in the old forge at their farm in 1932. The first set of knives was sold on a long trip over the mountains on a bicycle! Today, Helle knives are sold all around the world, but just as then, much of the production is done manually. The philosophy remains the same: no machine can replace skilled craftsmanship. Craftsmen with extensive experience and knowledge still take pride in making each and every Helle knife unique.