Proven by extreme expeditions. Made with world-class fabrics selected not by price but by their performance capabilities. Our top-of-the-line tent, and one of the most versatile and advanced tents available worldwide. Choose between breathable cotton/polyester canvas fabric, or lightweight nylon fabric.
Learn more about our Safir series Nordic tipis here, including tent features, size & weight, fabric details, and more.
Safir 7 CP and Safir 9 CP are in fact by far our most sold tent models so it's obvious that Safir's extra air intakes and world-class fabrics are highly appreciated by our customers.
Safir is used by professionals in the most extreme camping conditions — in ice fields, in storm force gales, on top of glaciers or in blazing heat.
Internationally recognized explorer Mikael Strandberg chose a Safir 7 cp for his famous Siberia expedition which has been called “the world's coldest journey."
|Total Weight:||13.71 lbs|
|Weight Per Person:||1.71 lbs|
|Packed Diameter:||7.87 in|
|Packed Length:||25.98 in|
|Erected Diameter:||14.76 ft|
|Erected Height:||8.85 ft|
- 3 rain-protected, mosquito-netted air intakes at bottom edge of tent for optimum tent ventilation and smoke control
- Best quality fabrics. It is the relentless pursuit of the best tent fabric — chosen for performance not price — that puts Safir in a class of its own. The focus is especially on all aspects of fabric strength, water repellency, the feel of the fabric, and color fastness. The differences are apparent when comparing with other tent fabrics on the market
- Ventilator cap: double piece with six opening points, controllable from inside the tent; integral chimney opening; mosquito protection to top piece; tighter fitting by use of fibreglass spacer rods
- Tent storm cords: pre-tied and fitted with holders
- Advanced compression bag for tighter packing
- Mosquito protection sewn in to top edge of tent
- Enhanced floor fitting with toggle and ring arrangement
- Reinforced edging for better wear resistance around bottom edge of tent
- 3 minutes to erect tent
- Standing room
- Class-leading storm resistance
- Use with open fire or stove
- Use on its own or with any model of floor or inner-tent
- Door: double-zip with integral mosquito protection
- Hanging loop for drying
Non Breathable — Traillix P
|One of the finest and most durable lightweight fabrics available on the tent market. Very light, waterproof fabric manufactured from nylon 66. Ripstop reinforced, silicone-coated on both sides and UV-protected.|