Survival Gear BSO is very proud to announce the release of our own CBD line!
We have vetted a great number of manufacturers in an effort to bring the best of the best to our customers. A joint venture with some BRILLIANT engineers over at Rise Up Therapeutics was launched and we're proud to put our name on these fine products! No other CBD manufacturing company in the country has received better testing results on their products, so rest assured that this is the cleanest, and most effective CBD on the market today.
CBD uses for the Wilderness:
I know what you're thinking - "Why do I need CBD in the woods?" CBD not only helps ease the pain from bumps & bruises and joint pain, but our brand has been tested specifically for those of us who spend a great deal of time in the great outdoors. Our test subjects have used our salve to treat poison ivy - blunts the itchiness and the pain, and also relinquishes the rash at an accelerated rate. A number of our subjects were able to treat foot fungus with the salve by applying to the area twice per day. The salve breaks down the fungus even under toenails! Maintaining clean, dry and healthy feet when out in the bush can make or break your time with Mother Nature.
We are in the process of producing a salve and a tincture that will have the Lemon Essential Oil and the Eucalyptus Essential Oils pulled from the process. This will enable the product to treat and maintain bow strings for all you bow hunters out there. Also, this particular salve and tincture will be able to treat your steel blades that may be subject to rust.
1500mg broad spectrum hemp oil. Our broad spectrum formulation underwent specialized secondary processing for removal of THC.
- Broad spectrum (underwent THC reduction process)
- Contains 1488 mg of CBD per bottle + CBG and CBN,
- No pesticides, herbicides, solvents, or chemical fertilizers
- Non-psychoactive (No THC)
- Laboratory tested
- 3rd party lab tested
- Made in the USA
Distilled Hemp Oil Production Process:
This is a brief description of how we use a short path distillation to remove plant matter and yield the highest purity and concentration of cannabinoids to be used in our consumer products.
First, we receive ethanol extracted crude hemp oil. In summary, this process involves soaking dried and crumbled hemp floral parts in a container with pure ethanol. The ethanol binds to the oils in the plant pulling the oil away from the plant structure. A centrifuge is then used to separate the ethanol oil mix from the fibrous plant matter. Next, in a series of evaporators, the ethanol is boiled off from the oil, leaving what is called “crude hemp oil”. This oil is usually around 50% cannabinoids. Many, if not most, current final consumer products are made with crude hemp oil, which still contains other plant oils (waxes, terpenes, and chlorophyll). We use additional processing to remove these non essential oils. We have partnered with a highly vetted lab in Denver, CO to source our crude hemp oil as well as any testing and additional post processing that we require. Crude hemp oil is placed in the boiling flask. Using various temperature, vacuum pressures, and wavelength detection systems we can separate the terpenes (light volatiles that boil off at lower temperatures), cannabinoids (captured in the “main body” flask), waxes (heaviest and hardest to get to vaporize), and chlorophyll/plant matter (do not boil off, but remain in the boiling flask). The cannabinoids vaporize at roughly 160-180 degrees centigrade. Our ability to monitor the temperatures, pressures,
and wavelengths allow us to know when to capture nearly only cannabinoids, yielding a final product “distilled hemp oil” that is roughly 90% pure cannabinoids. The remaining 10% are only terpenes and waxes that vaporized at similar parameters as the cannabinoids. This method of vaporizing the cannabinoids to separate them from the plant matter is the safest way to leave behind any contaminants from crude hemp oil, solvents and heavy metals for example. However, we still test our final output product with 3rd party labs (Gobi and Botanacor) for potency, microbials, heavy metals, and pesticides. We have yet to receive a positive test.
Lastly, to clarify, the output of this process is called “full spectrum distilled hemp oil” as it contains the full spectrum of cannabinoids, including THC. Further post processing is performed by our Denver partner to remove the THC if we desire a “broad spectrum distillate” product. For more information or questions, please feel free to reach out to our Lead Chemical Engineer, Jeremy Scott at email@example.com or see our webpage www.riseupt.com