Is that a fish hook groove?
You bet your bass it is!
And it has a rounded edge, a beveled edge, and can still sharpen tools large and small?
Yep, glad you axed!
- World famous genuine Arkansas Novaculite (99% pure silica), the rarest and finest abrasive stone in existence.
- Great general purpose field stone for edge maintenance. Medium fineness (600-800 relative grit size).
- Typically, stones in this grade are lily white in color, however, our manufacturer has been kind in the past to seek out unique colors and patterns especially for us when available. *Sorry, we cannot let people pick colors. Just have to let the stone pick the person.
- Each stone has been carefully chosen, hand cut, ground and drilled.
- Custom Color. We call the rich colored and conditioned leather cord, Antiqued Mahogany Brown.
- Unique Knot. The “Napoleon Claw” knot is inspired by Viking/Celtic knot-work and is thought to be an otherwise unknown knot before Bart Colosino brought it to our attention.
- Each whetstone comes with a made-in-the-USA double drawstring muslin bag and each has been hand-stamped with a custom Viking emblem.
- Stone dimensions: 1.9"L x 1"W x .25"H
In a survival scenario, the #1 resource is your mind. The #2 resource is the tools you have on you. A knife is considered by many as the most fundamental survival tool. To survive, both need to remain sharp.
It is often said that a dull knife is a dangerous knife. A sharp knife is a safe knife. Dull=Dangerous. Sharp=Safe.
Keeping a knife sharp, especially while out in the field, has been an issue since blades were first carried. Over 1000 years ago, Iron Age Vikings actually had a solution to this problem: Whetstone Pendants. A small piece of stone used for sharpening that had a hole so that a leather strap could be tethered.
I love this viking whetstone pendant its excellent at sharpening while out in the field it even works very well with blades that have a recurve. You can just tell this is a quality item just by holding it, it sharpens very well
Works great convenient. Looks Viking cool.
Viking Whetstone Pendant | Knife Sharpening Necklace